Autobiography Essay For College
I grew up surrounded by lot of family mainly because my culture is very family-oriented, but also because my family was so large in number.Don’t waste time! Our writers will create an original « »Sociological Autobiography »" essay for youMost of my first cousins, especially those close to my age, were male. Because many of my cousins who I played with as being a child were male, I started to participate in more boy activities. For example, playing in the dirt and mud, playing basketball, and playing video games. I do not recall my parents or family ever saying everything about me participating in these activities however, I do remember an occurrence when I was in kindergarten in art class. The art teacher had assigned us an art project where we were to paint a picture for our dads for Father’s Day. I decided to paint flowers for my dad because at the time he liked to garden and had all kinds of vegetables and flowers growing in our backyard.
When I had told the art teacher what I was going to paint she told me to paint something else, like a car. At the time I didn’t understand why I couldn’t paint flowers for my dad when I knew that he would like it, but that didn’t matter because flowers are girly and not meant for boys. This was just the first of my experiences with society’s gender roles. I am the youngest and only girl out of three other siblings. However, they are all half-siblings. I have two older brothers from my father and one older brother from my mother.
Because of this, and because associated with the large age gap between my brothers and I, I never experienced that close sibling relationship with them. Being not only the youngest, but also the only girl had a huge influence on who I am today. My dad had only ever had sons, so he, in a way, treated me like another son.He wanted me to play all kinds of sports like my brothers did. I was never a athletic person, and still am not, so I never played any sports that my brothers played like football and baseball. My dad also was rougher with me because he didn’t want me to be soft. Because of this I was called a baby or wimp if I cried over little things.
My mom however, always defended saying that it was okay for me to cry though her reasoning was because I’m a girl and you must be more careful around me because I am not as tough as a boy. Growing up when you look at the Bay Area the community that I was surrounded by was very diverse much like here in Sacramento, if not more so. There was a great mix of people from different cultures, religions, and backgrounds. The neighborhood that I grew up in specifically was inhabited mostly by middle class people, my personal included. Being around people of the same or similar social class and economic backgrounds caused less discrimination and prejudice toward staff when it came to social statuses and salaries.autobiography conclusion example Being raised in this community also encouraged diversity especially in race and ethnicities, so even at a young age, seeing people of different skin colors participating in various cultural practices became a norm. Though I am half African American and half Chamorro, I was raised predominantly by my maternal side of the family. My mother and my mother’s side of the family being Pacific Islanders, I grew up with their beliefs, norms, and values solely because that was what I grew up with. As being a Pacific Islander, more specifically a Chamorro/Guamanian, our culture is centered around a very social life.
Our culture is also very family-oriented and that includes both immediate and extended family members, so as I was raised, family was taught to be one of the most important values in life.Another important value that was taught is storytelling. Passing down stories through generations was taught to be important in order to keep the culture alive. Because Pacific Islanders are not a very common race compared to others based on population sizes, there was often prejudice towards Pacific Islanders since there is such little common knowledge about us. Pacific Islanders as being a group are often generalized to all be Hawaiian or the same as Hawaiians when that is not the case. At a young age when people would ask me where I am from and I would tell them that I am from Guam, they would be confused, which even at a young age I understood because it is a very small island on the other side of the globe, and I wouldn’t expect them to know.It was often difficult to feel involved or connected with classmates and groups in school because of the race being so underrepresented. In turn, I embrace my ethnicity and culture as much as possible and will be sure to pass those values on to my future children. One way I embrace my culture right now is through cultural dancing. I have danced with a local Polynesian dance group since I was nine years old. In the group we perform Hula, Tahitian, and other Polynesian dances. Hula and Tahitian dancing are often sexualized because of the movement of the hips plus the type of attire worn, especially by females, when dancing and performing. When I would tell people that I danced Hula and Tahitian, many times guys would say things like, Oh, so you can move your hips? Society portrays the Hula Girl in a way to attract tourists or a public relations campaign. As being a result, sometimes people don’t take the performances seriously or do not recognize the significance of the dance.
This is just another example of the lack of common knowledge of Pacific Island cultures. Another appreciate that Pacific Islanders have is practicing religion. There is no one religion that is enforced specifically however, Catholicism is predominantly practiced within the race. My father is not a very religious person and that was just how he was raised, but my mother was raised in a very Catholic home. Consequently, I was raised in a Catholic family. My maternal grandmother often pushes Catholicism on me and my other cousins. If someone were to ask me right now what religion I follow, I would tell them Catholicism but only because that is the only religion that I was taught about or practiced.As I have grown older and have been more educated on different religions and on how different people view religion, my belief about certain practices and their purpose enjoys faltered. I believe in God, but many of the beliefs and principles of the Catholic faith I have begun to question. Religion is very difficult. As I am growing and truly finding what I believe in, I begin to question who is right? Who is wrong?
Is there a right or a wrong? Overall, my religion is something that I am continuing to question every day and will continue to change as I learn myself and my true beliefs. Sexuality and my sexual orientation were not something that I ever really thought a lot about. Growing up I knew that I was attracted to the opposite sex. It wasn’t until I got older, around middle school, when I was properly educated about the different sexual orientations. At that time, it was starting to are more common for people around my age to find out their sexuality. Becoming more educated on the various sexual orientations, my orientation did not change however, I became more open to a possible change.
All my life thus far I have only ever been attracted to the opposite sex, heterosexual, but I cannot say that I will never be attracted to anyone of the opposite sex or anyone of a different gender identity. The way that society plus the people in my life have defined race and ethnicity, social class, and gender have greatly affected how my life has developed thus far. They have shifted the way I view my roles as being a mixed race, middle class, female. The things that I have experienced and learned have affected and will continue to affect the way I live the rest of my life. Society has a huge impact on our lives and will continue to change and shape the way we live throughout time. Our experiences in the social world are what make us who we are. »,Our editors will help you fix any mistakes and get an A+!, We will send an essay sample to you in 2 Hours. If you need help faster you can always use our custom writing service. ,Popular Essay Topics in 2020
Tous les articles postés par Moussa Diakité
- Fully guaranteed pay day loans it doesn't matter what in Canada - 03-2021
- Fun flirt fГјr NГјsse: alles Fake oder aber echte Dates? - 03-2021
- We do not just like cigarette smokers. So that both become wanting to stop or even don’t smoke cigarettes after all. Ya’ll smell nasty. - 03-2021
- Residence Equity private Credit Line utilize the equity you have got built in your own home to find yourself in enjoyable - 03-2021
- Just how much does the card one money account cost that is current? - 03-2021
- It is simply one thing to consider. An app that's specifically for you is your place to shine if you're a gay man. - 03-2021
- Different Kinds Connected with Web based Online world casino Games - 03-2021
- Lump as a result of getting Payday Advance Loans that which Makes The real time Payday payday loans memphis tennessee Loans maintain procedure. - 03-2021
- Centered on this known fact, there are many activities to do to "favor" the conception of males or girls - 03-2021
- Payday Advances In Md Areas - 03-2021
- Services. If friendly, efficient, hands-on solution is really what youвЂ™re trying to find, youвЂ™ll find it at USF Federal Credit Union. - 03-2021
- 5 Intercourse Positions That Increase Psychological Intimacy - 03-2021
- Wealthy Internet Dating Sites - 03-2021
- Dating Headlines for males That are Every WomanвЂ™s Dream - 03-2021
- Phony payday advances online can grab your difficult money that is earned - 03-2021
- Searching for payday improvements in Alabama for those who have your bad credit? - 03-2021
- Uncover the loans that are payday are finest in Indianapolis, IN - 03-2021
- Interracial Partners Glance At Lifestyle As Mixed Marriages Increase - 03-2021
- No Credit Always Always Check Installment Loans Hanford CA: Browse Right Here - 03-2021
- Loans from third-party loan providers are supposed to provide relief that is temporary monetary requirements and are also maybe not intended as long-lasting monetary solutions. - 03-2021
- Homebuyer Education. Wayne Metro provides three degrees of Homebuyer Education: - 03-2021
- Instant Loan Online get fully up to Rs. 20,000 in thirty minutes. - 03-2021
- Sandrine ne parais davantage mieux je me briguerOu dont fabriquer ? ) - 03-2021
- Г‰galement des applis en tenant bagarre sont plastronner Cette caractГЁre feinte - 03-2021
- - 03-2021
- TIP: Dress to wow. You essentially canвЂ™t overdress (within proper flavor) as well as the better dressed you might be, the higher charge you shall appear. - 03-2021
- Most Useful Cash Loan Apps: Payday Lender Alternatives - 03-2021
- Advance Loan Guidelines. Ameribest loans that are payday - 03-2021
- one month payday loan ersonal mortgage credit guaranteed in full individual financial loan bad credit unemployed, - 03-2021
- вЂњNo Strings connectedвЂќ About writer View all articles Author website - 03-2021